MARRI has established cooperation with relevant regional mechanisms, state and interstate agencies, as well as international organizations aiming at acquiring better coordination and conduct synchronized activities in the fields of migration, asylum and refugees.
Strategic partnership has been established with following regional and international partners:
- International Organization for Migration – Regional Mission for Central and SEE (IOM) in 2008 (Memorandum of understanding)
- International Center for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) in 2007 (Memorandum of Understanding)
- South East Europe Police Chiefs Association (SEPCA) in 2008 (Memorandum of understanding)
- Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) in 2009 (Memorandum of understanding)
- European Agency for the Management of Operational Cooperation at the External Borders of the Members States of the EU (FRONTEX) in 2011 (Working arrangement)
- Regional Arms Control Verification and Implementation Assistance Centre (RACVIAC)– Center for security cooperation in 2013 (Memorandum of understanding)
- European Association of airport and seaport police in 2014 (Memorandum of understanding)
- Central European Initiative Executive Secretariat (CEI) in 2015 (Memorandum of understanding)
- Police Cooperation Convention for Southeast Europe (PCC SEE) in 2018 (Memorandum of understanding)
Financial support to key MARRI Regional Center Projects and activities has been provided by IPA II funds, SDC, GIZ, CEI, UK government and Italian Region Friuli Venezia Giulia.
Technical support to MARRI for Strategy 2017-2020 development has been provided by EC, EASO, FRONTEX, IOM and UNHCR.
MARRI will continue to broaden partnership with other relevant regional and international stakeholders while maintaining and intensifying already established cooperation.